Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmas Crayon Art

Following on from my crayon art project several months ago I decided to make a Christmas version to give my otherwise bland hallway a little bit of festive flair.

Just like last time, this project was cheap and easy. I simply got a cheap canvas from The Works, two 24- packs of crayons (one pack wasn't quite enough) and cracked on with it; removing the paper from the crayons and chopping them into 3 small pieces, sketching out a rough (turns out it was very rough, but it isn't one of my projects if it isn't a little wonky!) Christmas tree and stuck the crayons around the shape.

Once the glue had dried (I left it overnight) I simply used my heat gun to melt the crayons and turned the canvas as I went so the drips would all fan outward.


Despite the wonkiness I really like this and I think it's nice how it's festive touch without being too in-your-face Christmassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment