Saturday 15 September 2012

Watercolour Me Happy

Pinterest Project #2 was to make my own take on State Art.
 
This was so easy it took me about 30 minutes to make all 3, and I'm a terrible artist so if I can do it, anyone can!
 
I got some canvas paper and watercolours then printed out basic map outlines of 3 places important to me, mainland Britain, the Dominican Rebublic, where we got married and Florida, where we honeymooned.
 
I copied the rough map outlines onto the paper, got a punched heart (so that when it was removed it would leave a clean white heart) to cover the cities where we live , wed, and honeymooned then filled in with the watercolour paints, finishing off with a little paint splattering to make it look like the messy nature of the painting was on purpose... unfortunately it made a bit of a mess of the carpet- hope hubby doesn't notice! Oops! Worth it though!
 
 
 
 
Now I just have to decide where to put them. We need to move to a bigger place, a little 2-bed flat just doesn't have enough space for all of my projects!

 

3 comments:

  1. Love these. Are you going to frame them or are they on canvas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're going to get framed. I thought about doing them on canvas but might be putting them into the bathroom and didn't want the moisture to ruin them :)

      Delete
  2. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete