Friday 14 September 2012

Luxury Cards on a Budget

I'm a bit of a hoarder. Well, a massive hoarder if I'm honest, I've got boxes and bags and drawers full of things I can't bear to throw away. My husband hates it!
 
Whilst having a little of a clear out a few months ago (well, moving junk from one box to another) I found a load of broken costume jewellery, bag charms and keyrings that I'd kept because they were too pretty to throw away but I never wore or used and I finally realised what I could do with it all, rip it apart and stick the bits on cards of course!

 
This card has a little 'Je t'aime' heart charm from a necklace, and a Thomas Sabo perfume sample ribbon- I never throw ribbons out!
 
 
This is a broken earring set on a fabric sample from Next! 
 
  
This was a necklace...
 
 
As was this...
 
 
A phone charm...

 
 
Another phone charm...
 
 
And finally a bag charm...
 
 
I love making cards that look luxurious but cost nothing since it's all stuff that was destined for the bin (and in some cases freebies from shops!). Now I have a new issue, I don't want to give the cards away as they're too pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment