Thursday 7 April 2011

My first real craft project in a year!

Last year I had a bit of a craft hiatus, I just seemed to lose my mojo and it made me sad. I tried, I planned projects, dug out the materials... stared at it all then put it away again! The only crafting I did last year was wedding related, and it felt more like a job than a pleasure; I'm so glad to finally have all that wedding madness behind me and to use craft as an escape once more.

One of the things that has been festering in my drawers for far too long is a wonky cardboard heart that I bought from a craft fair about 4 or 5 years ago. I'm sure it was from Art From The Heart but I can't find it on their website, no surprises really since it was bought so long ago! AFTH by the way is a fab shop for papercraft supplies that have a bit of an edge. I miss their little shop in Harrogate but I know that they've got a workshop so I'm really going to have to go one day for a class and a bit of shopping.

Anyway, back to the heart! Last night something struck, I think it was inspiration. I used a Fiskars edger to get the ever-so-slightly wobbly torn strips of paper (because I don't actually believe that I can free-hand tear anything without just plain ripping it into shreds!) and pretty much just dug about in my pots of 'stuff' to decorate it.


And of course, even though the back will more than likely be to the wall and won't actually see the light of day... I still had to decorate it!



It might not be perfect, but it stands for something beautiful, which is that my Crafting Groove is back Baby!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for mojos! I know what you mean sometimes about your hobbies becoming more of a chore than anything - it's usually when you have a deadline like Christmas or something to get everything done by. It's good to have a break now and again so when you go back you really enjoy it. I'm looking forward to dusting off my sewing machine this weekend for the first time on 2011!

    PS. They have machines for cutting paper so that it looks like it's been torn? !!

    ReplyDelete