Tuesday 12 April 2011

I love my Calendar Girl...

I have a dull desk at work. So dull it makes me feel about as gloomy as my surroundings, all grey, beige and black. I haven't been here long- only about 6 weeks- so I haven't yet covered my desk in the usual junk that you acquire over the years, little teddy bears, donkeys, corporate freebies... I'm trying to refrain from cluttering my space with junk just for the sake of hiding the grey. I've decided to take a craftier approach so this will be the first of several work-related projects. 

One of my colleagues gave me a calendar 2 weeks ago to stick up on the little partition between my desk and another but guess what colour it was! That's right, grey! Well, I'm not having that. I refuse to add yet more grey into the mix.

Canon Creative Park is a fantastic resource for free printables, they have all sorts from scrapbooking papers to ridiculously intricate looking 3D paper models (seriously, how maddening would these be to make?!). They also do a big range of calendars which is where I downloaded mine from. Each month is either pale pink, green, yellow or blue which ties in nicely with the papers I had picked out. I didn't notice until I'd finished that along the bottom of each month there was a bright red Canon logo, not really what I wanted! So I took a centimetre and a half off the bottom of each month, dug out the pack of co-ordinating stickers that came with the papers and chose the least cheesy saying to stick over the logo on the bottom of December since I'd had this marvellous idea of sticking the last month onto the backing card. I quite like the sentiment though, I've been feeling a little out of my depth at work as everyone seems a little robotic here and not terribly friendly, I like looking at that and remembering to just be myself!   



I'm not a hugely flowery person but I love the big pink and purple flowers on here, and the snazzy green brads. I'm fairly sure everything is by Papermania, I hope it is because I want more of the flowers and the spangly brads in different colours and I'll be gutted if I can't find them!

I love my new calendar, it makes me smile when I see something so pretty that I made, a shock of colour in the gloom. I've got at least two more ideas for fabulous things to make for my desk now... it isn't going to know what's hit it!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you brightening the place up :) I have an Edward Monkton calendar on my desk. I've managed to refrain from looking at them all so each month is a funny little surprise when I turn over :)

    ReplyDelete