Monday 19 December 2011

Not-quite-a-wheat-wheat-bag

So when I made my Kindle covers I had plenty more jumper left over to play with so I decided to make some wheat bags out of the arms; they were super easy, just chop the arm off, sew one end closed and attach some ribbons to the open end so that it fastens and creates a little pouch for a separate wheat bag to slide in.



I decided to make the separate wheat bag as it would then be replaceable should anything go wrong and I didn't really like the idea of throwing the cashmere in the microwave over and over again. It was just made from some white sheeting, stuffed then sewn closed.

I didn't really know what exactly I needed for the filling, 'wheat' seemed a little amiguous so I had a little Google and found that normal rice does the same job (and doesn't go manky like pearl barley does after a while) so my not-quite-a-wheat-wheat bag is actually stuffed with white rice and a crushed up cinnamon stick for a nice smell (I hate lavender!).




Pop the inside bag in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, pop it in the cashmere pocket and snuggle! I made 2 as Christmas presents and I wish I had a 3-arm jumper so I could have made another one for myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment